Choose a Proven Scooter Accident Lawyer
Electric scooters from companies like Bird and Lime are now commonplace in cities all over the country, and Indianapolis is no exception. Just like BlueIndy and the Pacers bikeshare program, proponents of e-scooters claim they are a positive addition to the city because they are an efficient and cost-effective way to get around. While this may be true, unfortunately, there are many dangers associated with electric scooters that put riders, pedestrians, and motorists at risk for accidents and injuries.
Since the appearance of electric scooters in Indianapolis, Pavlack Law personal injury attorneys have received multiple calls from individuals seeking representation following accidents involving electric scooters. Liability and insurance claims following these accidents are complicated, especially since this is a new form of transportation and the waters are somewhat unchartered. The companies’ waivers limit their own liability to $100, but does this prevent a claim of gross negligence? If the scooter rider is at fault, will the rider’s homeowner’s or renter’s insurance pay?
There are many different scenarios to consider:
· Scooter rider is injured due to a defective or malfunctioning scooter;
· Scooter rider is injured due to negligently maintained street, pothole, etc.;
· Scooter rider is injured by the negligence of a motor vehicle driver;
· Driver of another vehicle is injured due to illegal or dangerous maneuvers by scooter rider;
· Pedestrian is injured when struck by a scooter; and/or
· Pedestrian is injured after tripping over a scooter left on the sidewalk or in an entryway.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an electric scooter accident, please contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Pavlack Law for help.